Sunday 26 July 2009

Haircuts and Top Models


Allo' Allo' all. How are we on this fine Sunday? I didn't go to church today as I should have, was sooo tired this morning. And no, it's not because I was out and about getting drunk last night. I did go out, but it was TOTALLY work related. And, no I didn't drink, that much. And NO, there weren't any gorgeous half naked men involved ;)

E and I were out last night at one of the regional heats for Top Model of Colour in Shepherd's Bush. We got complimentary tickets from Sola Oyebade (CEO of Mahogany Model Management) so we went to check out the show and do some networking. It was really fun. I was one of the judges for the TMC heats last week here but it was still good to sit back and watch it from the sidelines this time around.

There were some seriously good lookers at the show and E and I were plotting to steal a few of the models for our show in November *wicked laugh* especially some of the male ones. Wowzers! There was this one guy who looked so sweet and cute (but in a rugged kinda way) like you could take him home to meet the parents. And then he took off his shirt.

.....

A-MA-ZING! Work of art that was. Perfectly sculpted abs and a chiseled behind (can you have a chiseled behind?) Sha, he was awesome! I wanted to be friends with him, I did. Have some tea and biscuits with him. Me and him. sigh. And for those of you with filthy minds, I was thinking of a perfectly platonic relationship with Adam (I don't know his name but I've decided he looks like an Adam). Purely friendship. Friends can go out with each other and do...friendly...stuff

I digress.

We did get some work done. Exchanged names and numbers with some fashion designers and make-up artists. We got to meet Jerry Osei-Tutu, Samata Angel (of Samata's Muse) and Phil Holder, editor of Phloh magazine. We also got chatting with Jackie Adholla of Sunshine Grace (who actually needs designers to dress celebrities for an upcoming event, so fingers crossed!)

Yesterday night I was eye-ing this girl's haircut and I am now seriously considering chopping my locks off (read taking out my weave and rocking my low-cut). So I've been looking for some inspiration for my new haircut but everything seems a bit blah. Everyone seems to just be shaving their entire hair off. I came across this picture of Solange and I have to say I'm not impressed with her new look. I think that unless you have a gorgeous face like Amber Rose you should not attempt the gorimapah* look. And she is sooo cute when she smiles.

*Gorimapa - Nigerian slang for the bald look. More accurately, the I'm-so-bald-and-my-head-is-so-shiny-that-you-may-have-to-doubletake-to-confirm-my-femininity look (also known as the Britney Spears)

I was thinking more of a cute pixie cut. I heart this look on RiRi still and fell in love with Mimi's hair from last night. What do you think? Me with short hair? I actually used to rock my short hair look a while back (I'll have to find a picture and show you) and I've noticed that since I started wearing weaves and extensions I've been seriously lacking in meeting any decent men in my life... I had a steady boyfriend for six years and ever since then I seem to have been dating losers.

OMG! Talk about coincidence (or plain freaky) but my ex just called me! Yes! The one I was just telling you about. The 6-yr one. Yeah. He just called as I was writing about him.

So yeah...gonna have to love you and leave you. Stay blessed and don't do anything I wouldn't do...altho I make exceptions for any 'Adams' in your life.

RooR and Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment