Wednesday 12 August 2009

Top Model of Colour


I just got sent a link to this video!! It's a preview video from when we went to the Top Model of Colour regional heats on the 18th of July. I have no idea why my voice sounded so funny....or maybe it's just wierd listening to yourself? Anway, check it out here courtesy of Mahogany Model Management (M3 for short. Omo e don long type am multiple multiple times)

We're all at home at the moment, that hasn't happened in a minute, D, E and I are sewing. D's making a dress for a client for a wedding and E's making Aunty L's birthday outfit for Friday. I'm... blogging. Yes. But I have been hard at sewing. I'm just taking a much needed break. I'm probably going to be up till about 7am again anyway. So yes, the 'girls who sew' are working hard. We've got our reggae music (ChoiceFM) on in the background and a supply of sugar-filled sweeties and coca-cola.

Random thought, is it just me or does everyone also feel like you've kinda seen it all before in terms of the recent trends? I mean, I know fashion is always recycled but having flipped through the magazines this month nothing's particularly jumped out at me as WOW. It's all a bit 'been there, done that'. I'm gonna have to go looking somewhere different for inspiration for my new look. I think im getting tired of my present slightly preppy look... maybe 60's? Or further back even - the 20's was another cool era. Hmmm... I'm already re-arranging my wardrobe in my mind and thinking of some great pieces I could use to bring the 20's into the 21st century. Will have to show you what I come up with...

Ok, really need to go now. E's having a go at me. Just because I've also got youtube open doesn't mean that I'm not working, she says indignantly. Anyway, I should go finish Twix's dress now (it's her birthday tomorrow and I'm acting as designer/stylist/make-up artist to make sure her day is extra special. I know - you wish you had a best friend like me right?) so I can get to work on the trench coat we're making as part of our A/W mini-collection.

Don't do anything I wouldn't do especially if it involves falling back in love with one of your exes. Move forward people! I had to remind myself that yesterday...

RooR and yoghurt-covered strawberries

No comments:

Post a Comment